Sims 4 needs no introduction. It is a widely played life simulation game that has sold over 10,000,000 copies worldwide. Sims 4 has an amazing community where players add fan-made challenges which are really fun to try.
So, if you are bored of the normal gameplay then in this post you will find 20 Sims 4 Challenges that you should give a try. Players have been adding these Sims 4 Challenges since the game was released in 2014. Below are some of the most challenging and fun to play Sims 4 challenges 2018.
You might also like: Sims 4 Custom Content Best Websites
1. The Legacy Challenge
One of the oldest challenge present in the Sims game is the legacy challenge. The Sims community is working on this challenge for years now. The challenge goes like this: –
- Make a Sim and take them to the biggest empty slot. The Sim should start with only $10000 Simoleons (cost of the lot not included).
- The “founder” has to earn a lot of wealth and build a house. The founder also has to procreate in order to start the second generation.
- You have to play in this family for 10 generations.
- You can try various challenges to make the legacy challenge more challenging and fun to play.
The Sims 4 Legacy Challenge is a really interesting challenge. It has a rags-to-riches story and you get to see the growth of your Sims.
Visit https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/ to learn more about this challenge.
2. The Accidental Time Traveler Legacy Challenge
You have to play this challenge over 5 generations!! You are an accidental time traveler who is tasked with surviving for 6 generations. Here are the rules of this challenge: –
- You start with a small tent, campfire a public restroom on a 30×20 lot.
- No cheats are allowed. Also, you can not restart after having a bad event you have to move on with the result you got on the first try.
- As the founder is a time traveler he/she doesn’t have any legal documents. That’s why the first generation of babies will not be born in the hospital.
- You can not bring the dead back to life once the reaper has taken them away.
For more details about this challenge you can visit: – https://accidentaltimetraveller.weebly.com/rules-and-gameplay.html
3. The Asylum Challenge
You may have understood what you are going to do in this challenge by reading its name. It’s time to get a little crazy, it’s time to complete the Asylum challenge. Below are the rules for it: –
- Make 8 sims and assign the insane trait to each of them. You can randomize other traits but they must not have the self-assured trait.
- Pick one of them and control that sim for the whole challenge.
- You have to control that sim and make him complete all his aspirations so that they can leave the asylum.
- No cheating! Cheats are not allowed.
You can understand how tough this challenge is going to be. You have to control a sim with insane traits and make him complete his/her aspirations.
4. The Wolf Pack Challenge
This challenge is a really nice one. You have to live on an island with six dogs (the wolf pack) and an evil raccoon. Here are the rules of this recently created challenge: –
- Create a Sim that will live with six dogs and a raccoon. The raccoon will make things more difficult for you.
- You will have to earn money by hunting, fishing, gardening etc.
- The aim of the challenge is to build a home worth 50,000 simoleons. The raccoon is the timer of this challenge. The moment he dies the challenge will end.
- The raccoon does nothing but makes your life miserable.
To know more about the rules of this challenge visit: – https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_ZwqQsMTgir7bowc76LSt_vSKLwYI3CRIR1HFdu8Lls/. This is a fun challenge and many of the Sims players are trying their hand on this challenge. You can watch the walkthrough of this challenge on Vixella’s youtube channel.
5. The History Challenge
Created by user “Cloudseeker” the history challenge takes you to prehistoric age and ends in the modern era. Sounds interesting, doesn’t it? The rules of the History challenge is as follows: –
- You have to create two Sims and set them up in a completely empty world (delete all the sims and lots, you can also download an empty world)
- It is obvious that Sims from prehistoric era can’t join any job that’s why you have to sell collectibles, woodwork etc. They can’t have any house too. They have to live on the land or inside tents. The only food they can eat is the one they have caught or farmed.
- Reach Early Civilization by completing some goals in the prehistoric era. You have to reach Level 10 in Fishing, Gardening and Handiness skill. After reaching Early Civilization your sims will be able to build houses.
- Keep progressing through different eras like the Middle Ages, Industrial Ages etc. and finally reach to the Modern Ages. In order to progress you have to complete various goals which will unlock new gaming mechanism.
The history challenge is one of my favorite Sims 4 Challenges. I will suggest you use Custom Content in your game to enjoy themed content for every era.
6. The Apocalypse Challenge
Every Sims player always wished for a post-apocalyptic challenge. Well guys, here it is now. Let’s read the rule of the Apocalypse Challenge: –
- Simtopia has come to its end and the reason is a nuclear war. But somehow you are one of the survivors. Now you have to survive till you die of your old age.
- Create a sim and a shelter where you can have only the basic necessities.
- You cannot leave the lot.
- If the sim dies because of anything other than their old-age, you lose.
Some variations of this challenge are available online. You can read more about the rules of this challenge here: – https://simscommunity.info/social/threads/nuclear-war-apocalyptic-challenge.335/.
7. The Decades Challenge
In the Decades challenge instead of starting from the prehistoric era, you start in the 1890s and journey towards the modern era. Below are the rules of the Decade challenge: –
- Sims can marry only within their ethnicity, as there was no concept of homosexuality at that time you can only marry the opposite sex, no electricity, you can’t have sex for fun. Seems like life was really tough in the 1890s.
- As you reach the 1990s you can enjoy electricity. But there are no jobs for women.
- The 1910s are the war years. Male children have to go to the wars once they reach adulthood (feed to the cowplant, roll the dice even – survive, odd – dies)
- Women get jobs in the 1920s but the happiness is short-term. Everyone will lose their job in the 1930s due to the great depression.
- With each decade you get to face new challenges, new goals and various things to unlock until you reach the current decade.
The decade challenge is a really creative challenge. You get to experience how was life in these decades. If you want to know more about the Decades challenge.
8. 100 Babies Challenge
No more history-based challenges! Let’s discuss a fun and interesting challenge, the 100 baby challenge! Below are the rules of this challenge: –
- Try to have 100 babies as quickly as possible (as fewer generations as possible).
- The rule is that one sim can give birth only once.
- No cheats! You can age your babies immediately though.
- Obviously, you have to give birth to a girl to continue your generation. If you don’t give birth to a girl you will lose.
This challenge is a unique one. That’s why it has been played by many players since the initial phase of the sims game. You can even make this challenge gender neutral! Yes, even male sims will be able to conceive a baby.
9. The Build-a-city Challenge
One of the most complicated challenges is Build a city challenge (BACC). You have to build and create a whole city of your own in the game. Here are the rules of Build-a-city challenge: –
- Start with random sims/lots.
- Progress through goals to unlock more lots, careers, Sims, options etc.
- You get global control of your world.
- Reach to 50,000 points to win this challenge.
As it is a complicated challenge you would like to visit https://ts4bacc.wordpress.com/ to know more about this challenge and how to complete it. Lots of people love to try this challenge so you should give it a try!
10. The Big Brother Challenge
We all are familiar with the reality show called Big Brother. This challenge is quite similar to that. Below are the rules of this challenge: –
- Make 8 sims and give them all distinct characters and traits.
- The catch is that you can’t control any of the sims. You can’t control anything, not even death.
- You can give skill-based challenges every week. The sim who builts the highest amount of skill will not get evicted (immunity).
- Eviction occurs once a week. The sim with the lowest amount of friendships gets evicted.
This challenge is like watching the big brother. You get to see how your sims behave in accordance with their traits. For more detailed rules visit: – https://modthesims.info/t/552318
Well, that’s it for this post. We hope that you liked this informative post about Sims 4 Challenges. We would love to hear from you. So, if you have any questions, suggestions or just some stories to share then feel free to comment below in the comments section. Stay tuned for more Sims 4 action. Thanks for reading.